- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar, packed (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
Combine all ingredients in a bowl mixing with your hands until well blended.
Shape into eight 2-ounce patties. Pan fry the patties in a nonstick skillet, brown both sides, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe and photo: Julia McKinley